Terms of sale
These General Conditions concern the purchase of products and services, carried out remotely via internet on https://www.meliconi.com belonging to Meliconi, S.p.A., hereinafter referred to as Meliconi, with registered office and headquarters in Via Minghetti 10, 40057 Cadriano di Granarolo Emilia (BO), VAT number 01557811203, tax code and registration with the Business Register of Bologna no. 09753830258, registration with the R.E.A. [Index of Economic and Administrative Information] of Bologna no. 325317
Acceptance of the general conditions of sale
1) The contract stipulated between Meliconi and the Customer must be considered concluded with the acceptance, even partial, of the order by Meliconi. Such acceptance shall be deemed tacit, unless otherwise communicated in any manner to the Customer. By placing an order in the various ways provided, the Customer declares to have read all the information provided to them during the purchase process, and fully accepts the general conditions and payment conditions transcribed below.
2) If the Customer is a consumer (i.e. a natural person who buys goods for purposes not related to their professional activity), once the online purchase procedure is completed, they will print or save an electronic copy and in any case keep a record of these general conditions of sale, in accordance with the provisions of Articles 3 and 4 of Legislative Decree 185/1999 on distance sales.
3) Any right of the Customer to damages or compensation, as well as any contractual or extra-contractual liability for direct or indirect damages to persons and/or things, caused by the non-acceptance or non-fulfilment, even partial, of an order, is excluded.
1) To place an order the Customer must be of legal age and reachable by phone. Orders will not be accepted from persons under age, or without a valid email address or not reachable by phone.
2) By registering on the site and creating a personal account, the Customer declares, under their own personal responsibility, to be of legal age and able to understand and take action.
How to buy
4) Customers can only order the products present in Meliconi’s electronic catalogue at the time the order is placed, which can be viewed online at https://www.meliconi.com as described in the relevant information sheets. It is understood that the image accompanying the description of a product may not be fully representative of its characteristics but differ in colour, size, accessories in the picture.
5) Correct receipt of the order is confirmed by Meliconi by means of an email sent to the email address provided by the Customer. The reply is generated automatically by the system and cannot be considered in itself as acceptance of the order, but only confirmation of receipt of the same. The confirmation message will include the date and time of execution of the order and a “Customer Order Number”, to be used in any further communication with Meliconi. The message shows all the data entered by the Customer who undertakes to check its correctness and to promptly communicate any corrections, according to the procedures described in their document.
6) If the order is not accepted, Meliconi will promptly inform the Customer.
Prices and payment methods
7) All prices and rates are in Euros and include VAT. At the time of shipment will be issued a tax invoice that will be delivered with the goods. Payments can be made by:
- Credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
7.1) Credit Card In case the purchase of goods is made via credit card, together with the conclusion of the online transaction, the bank of reference will authorise only the amount of the purchase. The amount relative to the goods delivered, even partially, will only be charged to the Customer’s credit card after the goods have been shipped by Meliconi.
7.2) If the order is cancelled, either by Meliconi or the Customer, Meliconi will simultaneously request the cancellation of the transaction and release of the amount involved. The time required for the release of certain types of cards depends exclusively on the banking system and can reach their natural expiry date (typically 24-25 days from the date of authorisation). Once the transaction has been cancelled, under no circumstances can Meliconi be held responsible for any damage, direct or indirect, caused by delays in the failure to release the amount committed by the banking system.
7.3) If the Customer’s order is processed after the authorisation has expired, Meliconi will contact the Customer before processing the order to request a new debit authorisation or to agree on a new payment method.
7.4) Meliconi reserves the right to request additional information from the Customer (e.g. landline phone number) or to send copies of documents proving ownership of the card used. If the required documentation is not provided, Meliconi reserves the right to refuse the order.
7.5) As a greater guarantee and security for the Customer, at no time during the purchase procedure is Meliconi able to know the information relating to the Customer’s credit card, which is transmitted via a protected connection directly to the site of the bank that manages the transaction. No Meliconi computer files will retain such data. Under no circumstances can Meliconi be held responsible for any fraudulent or undue use of credit cards by third parties, when paying for products purchased on https://www.meliconi.com
7.6) Payment via Pay Pal Selecting the PayPal payment type, the Customer is redirected to a page on the PayPal website where they can make the payment by entering their email address and password. The Customer’s financial data is not shared with Meliconi but is managed directly by PayPal.
7.7) If the order is cancelled or if Meliconi does not accept the order, the amount will be refunded to the Customer’s PayPal account and Meliconi cannot be held responsible for delays and/or damages caused during the refund process.
Delivery methods and costs
8) For the issuance of the invoice, the information provided by the Customer at the time of the order shall prevail. No changes to the invoice will be possible after the invoice has been issued.
9) Delivery costs are charged to the Customer, to the extent indicated in the notice of order receipt acknowledgement. The payment of the goods by the Customer will be using the method chosen when ordering. We remind Customers that the minimum order is €20.00, threshold below which it will not be possible to proceed with the payment. Shipping costs are €9.90 for deliveries in Italy. For shipments outside the Italian territory, the cost is always €20.00 with a minimum order of €20.00. No products will be shipped to the islands and territories outside the EU customs territory.
10) For the delivery of the goods, the presence of the Customer or of a person appointed by them at the recipient’s address indicated in the order is required. Upon delivery of the goods by the courier, the Customer is required to check: > that the number of packages delivered corresponds to that indicated on the transport document > that the packaging is intact, undamaged, dry or and unaltered in any way, including the sealing materials (adhesive tape or plastic straps). Any damage to the packaging and/or to the product or the mismatch in the number of packages or indications must be immediately notified, placing specific reservation on the courier’s delivery receipt. Once signed the document of the courier, the Customer cannot make any objection about the external characteristics of the delivered goods.
11) Without prejudice to the term of thirty days from receipt of the order, the times established for delivery of the goods must be considered indicative. There is no prior notice via phone to the Customer by the courier.
12) In case the Customer is absent, a second delivery will be attempted, or phone contact with the Customer, in order to agree on a redelivery within the following 24 hours. If the outcome of the redelivery is also unsuccessful, Meliconi will attempt to contact the Customer to define and possibly solve the causes of the missed delivery. In case of failure, the order will be considered cancelled due to unsuccessful delivery. Meliconi will inform the Customer of the cancellation by email. Any amount already paid by the Customer will be refunded, with deduction of expenses incurred for delivery attempts.
13) If Meliconi is not able to deliver the ordered goods due to the fact that they are no longer available, even temporarily, Meliconi will promptly inform the Customer by email. Any amount already paid by the Customer will be refunded as soon as possible, and in any case no later than thirty days from receipt of the purchase order.
Delivery of goods
14) Meliconi will ship the products ordered by the Customer by courier to the address indicated by the Customer at the time of ordering, approximately within 48 working hours from the time the order was accepted. Delivery is usually within five working days in Italy, and within ten working days in all other countries.
15) The courier delivery time is from Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Orders received on Saturday and Sunday will be processed on the following Monday; orders received on holidays will be processed on the next business day. In all cases, the delivery times are provided for indicative purposes only and are therefore not binding.
16) The courier is responsible for the delivery. Meliconi undertakes to collect any reports of non-delivery or delayed delivery of the products and, if necessary, to assist the Customer in protecting their rights as required by law.
17) The courier in charge will make an attempt to deliver during the day, if they cannot find anyone at home they will leave a note of non-delivery which will contain a phone number to call.
18) The products purchased on the site can be delivered throughout Italy, including the islands and all foreign countries included in the list of countries served. For shipments in the territory of S. Marino, Vatican City, Campione d’Italia and Livigno, the recipient of the goods is responsible for the payment of taxes and customs charges provided for by the regulations in force in the territory of destination of the products.
Right of withdrawal
19) Pursuant to Art. 64 Legislative Decree 206/2005, if the Customer is a consumer (i.e. a natural person who buys goods for purposes unrelated to any business or professional activity, or does not make the purchase by including a VAT number on the order form), has the right to terminate the contract for any reason, without explanation and without penalty, except as described in Articles 20, 21, 22.
20) To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Customer must send Meliconi a written communication to this effect within 14 working days from the date of receipt of the goods. Such written communication shall be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt addressed to: Meliconi, S.p.A., Via Minghetti 10, 40057 Cadriano di Granarolo Emilia (BO). Once the notice of withdrawal has been received, Meliconi will inform the Customer via email of the address to which the goods should be sent, to be returned within 10 working days by courier and the return authorisation number to be indicated on the courier’s consignment note.
21) The Customer must send the product carefully packed in its original packaging, avoiding damaging it with adhesive labels or anything else and complete with everything originally contained, to the address provided. Shipping costs for the return of goods are charged to the Customer. Shipment, until confirmation of receipt by Meliconi, is under the responsibility and risk of the Customer. Upon receipt of the goods, Meliconi will check their integrity and reimburse the Customer the amount of the product purchased, excluding transport costs. The refund will be made by crediting the credit card within fourteen days of receipt of the return. In case of payment by the Customer with electronic money through the PayPal service, the refund will be made in accordance with the rules provided by the PayPal service.
22) The right of withdrawal lapses in case of defect of the substantial integrity of the returned goods, and so, by way of example, in case of > lack of the original external packaging and/or internal packaging; > absence of integral elements of the product (accessories, cables, manuals, parts, etc.); > damage to the product due to causes other than transport; > abnormal state of preservation. If the Customer loses the right to withdraw, Meliconi will return the purchased product to the Customer, charging the shipping costs.
23) All products sold by Meliconi are covered by the conventional manufacturer’s warranty and, for Customers who are consumers (individuals who purchase goods for purposes outside their business or professional activity, or who make purchases without indicating a VAT number on the order form), also by the legal warranty for conformity defects, pursuant to Art. 128-135 of Legislative Decree no. 206/2005. In order to benefit from the assistance under warranty, the Customer must keep the proof of purchase in a safe place.
24) The legal guarantee in favour of the Customer covers conformity defects, existing at the time of delivery of the goods, which have become apparent within two years of delivery of the goods themselves. The lack of conformity must be communicated, under penalty of forfeiture, within two months from the date on which the consumer discovered the defect. After receiving the communication, Meliconi will contact the Customer to inform them of the return procedure. Meliconi will send its own courier to collect the product at no additional cost for the Customer. The product must be returned by the Customer, possibly in its original packaging, complete in all its parts (including any documentation and accessory equipment: manuals, cables, etc.). The application of labels or adhesive tapes directly on the original product packaging should be avoided in all cases. Once the product returned by the Customer has been checked, Meliconi will replace or repair it and proceed to ship the product, except for the provisions of Art. 130 of Legislative Decree no. 206/2005.
Liability of auxiliary third parties
25) Meliconi is not responsible for the actions of third parties who, as independent auxiliaries, intervene in the management or execution of payment transactions, the delivery of goods and any other operation connected with the execution of the contracts concluded through https://www.meliconi.com
26) The personal data requested when placing the order are collected and processed in order to meet the expressed requirements of the Customer and will not under any circumstances and in any way transferred to third parties. Meliconi guarantees its Customers compliance with the regulations on the processing of personal data, governed by the privacy code set out in Italian Legislative Decree 196 of 30 June 2003. The data controller is Meliconi, S.p.A., via Minghetti 10, 40057 Cadriano di Granarolo Emilia (BO).
27) Any complaints made by the Customer must be addressed to Meliconi by writing to Meliconi, S.p.A. via Minghetti 10, 40057 Cadriano di Granarolo Emilia (BO).
Applicable law and competent court
28) The sales contract between the Customer and Meliconi is concluded in Italy and regulated by Italian law. For the solution of civil and criminal disputes arising from the conclusion of the contract of distance sales, if the Customer is a consumer, the territorial jurisdiction is that of the reference court of their town of residence; in all other cases, the territorial jurisdiction is exclusively that of the Court of Bologna.