Policy for customers and suppliers
Subject: Policy provided for customers and suppliers by Meliconi S.p.A. pursuant to Art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679
This policy is drafted and issued pursuant to Art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (also referred to hereafter simply as the GDPR), which has introduced significant regulatory changes.
This policy therefore updates and supersedes any previous versions.
In view of this, it should be noted that:
- as a result of establishing a business relationship and during its course, our company shall collect and process your personal data;
- for clarity, we shall now provide you with the following definitions set out in the GDPR:Personal data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Processing: any operation or set of operations, which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Therefore, pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679,
we inform you
that the collection and processing of your personal data will be carried out by the undersigned company as follows:
- purpose: data will be processed in order to properly fulfil accounting, fiscal, commercial, technical requirements and all general business operations pertaining to the relationship in place;
- marketing purposes: data may also be used, subject to your specific and explicit consent, to send marketing materials/communications by post, email, telephone, fax, SMS and similar means; after having given your consent, you have the right to object to the processing of your data for this purpose at any time and without expense;
- methods: data will be processed using both paper and electronic/computer/telecommunication instruments/aids, in full compliance with the law, on a lawful and correct basis and in such a way as to protect its confidentiality;
- providing data optionally: providing data is optional and not obligatory;
- consequences of refusal: refusing to provide data or fully opposing to data processing may result in it being impossible to continue a business relationship or any other nature of relationship with our company; refusing the use of data for sending materials/marketing communications, however, will have no effect on existing or future relationships;
- data subjects or categories of data subjects (recipients) to whom data may be communicated or disseminated: data may only be communicated to third parties in order to comply with legal or contractual obligations. Data will not be disclosed under any circumstances;
- persons authorised to process data: data will be processed solely by company employees in administrative and sales departments who are specifically authorised;
- automated decision-making processes (e.g., profiling): automated decision-making processes are not managed in any way;
- rights of the data subject: you have all the rights set out in the GDPR, such as the right to request access to and rectification of your personal data, deletion of your personal data, restriction of processing, the right to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority;
- transfer to third countries: any transfer of personal data to a third country outside the European Union or to an international organisation will only take place on the basis of an adequacy decision by the European Commission or, for transfers pursuant to Articles 46, 47 or 49, paragraph two, of the EU Regulation, on the basis of appropriate and adequate safeguards;
- period of data retention: data will be retained strictly for the period of time required to fulfil the data subject’s requests or in accordance with the provisions of current regulations or any contractual clauses;
- data controller: the data controller is Meliconi S.p.A., with registered office in Granarolo dell’Emilia (BO), Via Minghetti no. 10, represented by its pro tempore legal representative;
- data protection officer (DPO): the data protection officer is Dr. Juri Torreggiani, with office in Reggio Emilia, Via Piccard no. 16/G, tel. 0522 30 11 69, fax 0522 38 79 96: requests for further clarification or information may be addressed to this officer.
This policy may be supplemented, either orally or in writing, with further parts and statements in order to better satisfy any question related to “Privacy” and to comply with regulatory updates.
Granarolo dell’Emilia (BO), 14/07/2021
The data controller